Recipe by BouncyChef
This is an exceptionally easy meal to make, but it tastes as if it took hours to do. Total WW points, 14, or 6 1/2 per serving.
Top Review by Jane Gilley
I liked this dish a lot. The chicken was nice and tender plus very flavorful. I didn't know how much Couscous to use but muddled through...it was very tasty as well. I will definitely make it again. Thanks for posting.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar (if use Splenda, reduce recipe points by 1)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 1⁄4 cups of boiling chicken stock
- low-fat cooking spray
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, in florets
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken fillets in a shallow dish and pour over the balsamic vinegar, chicken stock, sugar and garlic.
- Marinate it for 10 minutes on each side.
- After it has marinated, spray the low-fat spray on a frying pan over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the pan, cooking for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Add the marinade to the pan and cook the chicken for a further 1 minute each side.
- To make the garlic couscous:.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour in the boiling stock. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Use the low-fat spray on a heated pan. Add the garlic, broccoli florets and thyme and cook for 3 minutes or until the garlic is soft but not brown.
- Add the couscous to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.