- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus (about 40 spears)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, about 10, cut in half (es)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt or 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop woody ends off asparagus. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, or cook in boiling, salted water until barely tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Plunge into ice water to stop cooking. Drain. Add cherry tomatoes.
- Stir together vinegar, orange juice and garlic; season to taste. Spoon dressing over asparagus and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.