Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This has been marked in my WW cookbook called "Simply the Best" as great. Darla from Los Angeles sent this in. Very yummy indeed. Hope you enjoy.
- 2 large yams or 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1⁄2 navel orange, cut into 4 slices
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits (reserve juice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish, combine the yams, orange, pineapple and its juice, cinnamon and nutmeg; dot with the margarine.
- Cover and bake until the yams are tender, about 45 minutes.
this was very good but there was too much liquid in the bottom of the dish when it was done, which kind of made a mess on the plates etc. I think next time I might try adding cornstarch to help with that or maybe I'll add crushed pineapple and mash it at the end - that might be really good! I will be trying this recipe again, it was very tasty!
Yum. This was really good. I loved the combinaton of yams, orange,pineapple and spices. I prepared this dish exactly as directed and it came out perfect. Thanks for sharing. Made for KK's forum Recipe Tag game.
Oh how I love yams and this dish was right up my alley. The blend of the orange, yams and pineapple just took me to yam heaven! Wonderful flavors and loved the addition of the cinnamon and nutmeg. Made the four servings and my DD and I had it as a lunch. Nice filling recipe! Made for the Gimme5 tag game! Thanks Teresa for yet another winner - this is terrific!