Recipe by jenpalombi
from the WW website. 3 points per serving.
Top Review by Denise!
We like these potatoes. Very good. I add fresh garlic and use WW shredded cheese. I use Smart LIght in place of the butter and use 1% milk - just what we always have in the house. Snipped chives or chopped scallions are a great addition as well.
- cooking spray, 1 spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat a 2-quart covered baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour; add milk slowly, stirring. Add potatoes and stir to mix. Bring to a boil. Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and level out surface. Bake for 1 hour, uncovered. Cover and bake until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes more.
- Change oven temperature to broil. Sprinkle remaining cheese over potatoes. Broil 6 inches from the heating element until the cheese is golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.