Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
from the WW website. 3 points per serving.
Make and share this Ww Au Gratin Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray, 1 spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat a 2-quart covered baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour; add milk slowly, stirring. Add potatoes and stir to mix. Bring to a boil. Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and level out surface. Bake for 1 hour, uncovered. Cover and bake until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes more.
- Change oven temperature to broil. Sprinkle remaining cheese over potatoes. Broil 6 inches from the heating element until the cheese is golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.
We like these potatoes. Very good. I add fresh garlic and use WW shredded cheese. I use Smart LIght in place of the butter and use 1% milk - just what we always have in the house. Snipped chives or chopped scallions are a great addition as well.
Very good! I was pleasantly surprised, although I wouldn't mind a little more flavor- might experiment with herbs and seasonings. I cut the sauce recipe in half for the two of us, and used 2 large potatoes.
This kind of potato recipe rarely cooks thoroughly for me in the oven, so I let them boil for several minutes on the stove top, stirring constantly. Worked well; they were just tender enough later, after the specified baking time.
Wonderful! I forgot to put the salt and pepper in so it was a little bland, but that was my fault. I will definately make again. Unfortunately, my 6 yo didn't like it, which took me by surprise, but that won't stop me from making it for myself and DH. Thanks!