Prep 6 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is out of the WW Annual Recipes for Success 2000 cookbook. I have it marked as great! Just in time for asparagus season. Best time is suppose to be between late March and May. Great side dish for Barbecue time. Enjoy!
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Place asparagus spears and water in a shallow microwave dish.
- Cover and microwave at HIGH 2 to 4 minutes (I just steam mine) or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain.
- Return to dish.
- Combine vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until mixture is blended.
- Pour vinegar mixture over asparagus, turning asparagus to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, tuning asparagus occasionally.
Wonderful! I marinated for several hours, then skewered and grilled the asparagus. Went very well with grilled chicken - fresh ginger is a must. I also added a few black sesame seeds.
I loved this! Didn't even realize it needed to be chilled when I picked it....I just had some asparagus I needed to use! The taste is fabulous...thanks for another great recipe Teresa!
I used no sodium soy sauce (homemade). I let the asparagus in the marinade overnight. I like the taste of sesame oil in it. Thanks Teresa. This is great. Made for Potluck tag