Recipe by teresas
This is out of the WW Annual Recipes for Success 2000 cookbook. I have it marked as great! Just in time for asparagus season. Best time is suppose to be between late March and May. Great side dish for Barbecue time. Enjoy!
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Wonderful! I marinated for several hours, then skewered and grilled the asparagus. Went very well with grilled chicken - fresh ginger is a must. I also added a few black sesame seeds.
- 1 lb asparagus spear
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use lite)
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Place asparagus spears and water in a shallow microwave dish.
- Cover and microwave at HIGH 2 to 4 minutes (I just steam mine) or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain.
- Return to dish.
- Combine vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until mixture is blended.
- Pour vinegar mixture over asparagus, turning asparagus to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, tuning asparagus occasionally.