Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Out of an old Weight Watchers magazine. Magazine shows Cal - 288, Fiber - 1.8, Fat - 8.4 = 6 points.
- 44.37 ml honey, divided
- 9.85 ml olive oil, divided
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4 (453.59 g) chicken breast halves, skinless boneless
- 177.44 ml chicken broth, low sodium
- 118.29 ml raisins, golden
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 green onions, julienne-cut (optional)
- 4 whole unshelled almonds, halved (optional)
- Combine 2 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon oil, and vinegar in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Add chicken, stirring to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon honey, chicken broth, and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stir well, and set aside.
- Remove chicken from bowl, and discard marinade.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; saute' 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Add chicken broth mixture; cover and cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Place chicken breasts on individual plates; set aside, and keep warm.
- Bring broth mixture to a boil; stir in 1/4 cup almonds, and cook 4 minutes.
- Spoon sauce evenly over each chicken breast.
- Garnish with green onions and unshelled almonds, if desired.
Wow what a nice meal.
The flavors all came together. Not over powering just right.
What I also loved about this recipe is it was so easy to throw together on a a busy night.
I am so glad I picked this recipe for 123 Hits.
Very satisfying dinner tonight. I didleave out the almonds, and also left out the salt. A very nice combination of ingredients, and very very flavorful. I enjoyed the marinade flavors as well as the rest of us. Served with some baked potatoes. Great recipe. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
I'm always on the lookout for yet another wonderful recipe for preparing chicken breasts since we eat a lot of 'em, & this recipe is a definite keeper! The marinade does a nice number on the breasts & when served with a brown-rice-&-peas side, most satisfying! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]