Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From WW Simply Delicious
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut diagnolly into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup condensed unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh purple basil or 1⁄4 cup green basil, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in large nonstick skillet, then add chicken and sprinkle with salt.
- Saute until browned and cooked, about 5 minute.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in same skillet over low heat, then add onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Saute until onions are softened.
- Stir in sugar, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 min, stirring constantly.
- Add asparagus, coconut milk, and fish sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until asparagus is crisp tender, about 3 minute.
- Add chicken and basil, heat through.
- Serve with rice.
I adjusted this somewhat; 1 teas. sugar and about 1 1/2 tabl oil, I used some canned tomatoes in place of the asparagus and I used only 1/4 cup of coconut milk. My DH enjoyed it very much!