Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
From ww online
- 9.85 ml peanut oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, uncooked, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2.46 ml table salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 354.88 ml chicken broth, divided (fat-free, reduced-sodium)
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 226.79 g canned bamboo shoots, drained
- 226.79 g canned water chestnuts, sliced, drained
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
- 473.18 ml cooked white rice, kept hot
- 49.61 g roasted cashews, chopped (about 6 Tbsp)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and add to skillet.
- Cook until browned on all sides, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of broth, soy sauce, celery, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts to chicken and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth.
- Add cornstarch mixture to skillet and simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- To serve, divide rice among 4 shallow dishes.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto rice and sprinkle with cashews.
- Yields about 1 cup of chicken, 1/2 cup of rice and 1 1/2 tablespoons of cashews per serving. 8 Points per serving.
This dish is so easy to make and is very yummy! Me, my kids and Hubby love it! The only thing is that the ww points are higher than 8, I did my own calculation per item and divided... it came up as 15 points per serving.
This was a good healthy meal. Easy to make. I made exactly as directed and it went together without a hitch. Although, I think that 37 minutes total cooking time is probably too long... prep was less than 10 and maybe 15 minutes for actual cooking time. Thanks for the healthy dish! Made for Please Review my Recipe game!