Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From WW Online
- 15 ounces canned chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon walnut oil, toasted variety
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or more)
- 1 lb uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, place broth in a small sauce pan and boil until reduced to about 3/4 cup. Toast walnuts in a sauté pan over medium-high heat, shaking pan frequently, until fragrant.
- Place reduced chicken stock, 1/4 cup of toasted walnuts, sour cream, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender; cover and blend on high until a smooth sauce forms. Scrape sauce into a medium-size serving bowl.
- Add hot pasta to sauce; add parsley and toss to coat.
- Garnish with remaining walnuts and cheese. 7 Points yields about 1 rounded cup per serving.