Recipe by mariposa13
From WW Take Out Tonight
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yummy! This recipe really took me by surprise. I was so impressed with the way the flavours of the sauce really made the chicken so yummy. I had to make a few substitutions, I used chicken breast because it was all I had at home (although I think the thighs would be more moist) and I used home grown green capsicums/bell peppers because I wanted to use them however the red ones would make the dish look more pretty. We really enjoyed our meal. Thank you mariposa13
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all visible fat, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sauce: bring soy sauce, mirin, sugar, ginger, and garlic to boil in small saucepan.
- Cook over med-high heat until sauce thickens, about 5 minute.
- Remove from heat, set aside.
- Spray grill or broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- Thread chicken, bell peppers, and scallions on to skewers, alternating the ingredients.
- Grill or broil kebabs 5-inches from heat, frequently brushing with sauce, until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with the rice.
- 7 Points for 2 skewers and 1/2 cup rice.