Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From WW Take Out Tonight
Make and share this Ww 7 Points - Chicken Yakitori (Kebabs) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all visible fat, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Make sauce: bring soy sauce, mirin, sugar, ginger, and garlic to boil in small saucepan.
- Cook over med-high heat until sauce thickens, about 5 minute.
- Remove from heat, set aside.
- Spray grill or broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- Thread chicken, bell peppers, and scallions on to skewers, alternating the ingredients.
- Grill or broil kebabs 5-inches from heat, frequently brushing with sauce, until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with the rice.
- 7 Points for 2 skewers and 1/2 cup rice.
Yummy! This recipe really took me by surprise. I was so impressed with the way the flavours of the sauce really made the chicken so yummy. I had to make a few substitutions, I used chicken breast because it was all I had at home (although I think the thighs would be more moist) and I used home grown green capsicums/bell peppers because I wanted to use them however the red ones would make the dish look more pretty. We really enjoyed our meal. Thank you mariposa13
I made this for my family one night and it was absolutely wonderful. I followed this recipe to the t and it was delicious. If the other reviewer had made this according to the recipe I'm sure it would've gotten a 5 star review. This really cures those cravings you get for asian food- and for a lot less calories too! Thanks for posting!
This was okay but I didn't follow the directions exactly, as I couldn't figure out how I was going to get the skinny scallions on a skewer, I decided to use the same ingredients (except used 1 red pepper and some cabbage I had in the fridge) and make a stir-fry instead. This may have been better if I followed the instructions as written and used this recipe on skewers instead. Thanks for sharing!