Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From ww magazine. You can make this with store bought sliced cinnamon-raisin bread or its even better if you get it at a bakery and slice it yourself.
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese, at room temp (neufchatel)
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread (3/8-inch-thick)
- 1 ripe medium banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, warmed
- 6 fresh strawberries, sliced
- Spread the cream cheese on all 4 slices of bread.
- Place the banana slices over 2 slices of the bread and top each with the remaining bread.
- Combine the milk, egg, and vanilla in a small shallow bowl; beat lightly with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over med heat.
- Briefly dip the sandwiches, one at a time, into the egg mixture.
- Place both sandwiches in the skillet. Cook until golden brown, 3-4 min on each side.
- Place each piece on a plate; top each piece with 1 tbsp of the maple syrup and 3 tbsp of the sliced strawberries.
- 7 points per serving (1 piece stuffed french toast with toppings).
I made this with cinnamon swirl bread as kiddos aren't a fan of raisins. Perfect Valentine's Day breakfast! Thx for sharing!
I must be the only one who thinks this was just ok. You know how you like certain flavors but when you mix them all together it's not that great? Yeah that. I love cinnamon raisin toast, cream cheese, bananas and maple syrup just not mixed together.
Unbelievable!! This was so decadent I can't believe it's 7 pts....or even 10pts! Left out the maple syrup, it was perfect the way it was. Next time...sliced strawberries. Thanks for this wonderful recipe idea!