Recipe by mariposa13
Top Review by Annacia
Absolutely delicious. It's a hearty way to start the day and a great Sunday brunch item. I used 1 free run organic egg and 1/4 cup if egg white and Mazola Simplicity olive oil flavor cooking spray for the oil. The tomato I cut back to less that 1/2 the amount ask for and it was still a lot. My single problem was of my own making. I used my regular small egg pan and there was too much volume for it. I couldn't flip it over nicely and it really got torn up getting it out of that small pan. Be sure you give yourself a pan with enough room to work in. If you like some heat add red pepper flakes to your liking.
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium scallion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 large olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canned green chili pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons kraft free shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together egg, egg white, salt and pepper in a small bowl until just blended; set aside.
- In a large, nonstick omelet pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add egg and tilt pan so eggs cover entire pan bottom.
- Cook, without stirring, until bottom of eggs begins to set, about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle scallion, tomatoes, olives, chili peppers and cheese evenly across eggs.
- Tilt pan upward at a slight angle and jerk handle sharply toward you to slide eggs toward the far side of pan.
- Free any stuck egg with spatula.
- Cook, moving pan back and forth over heat, until eggs are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Fold in half to serve.