Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From WW Take Out Tonight
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh lemongrass or 1 teaspoon dried lemongrass
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil (dark)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Spray rack of roasting pan with nonstick spray and place in the pan.
- Combine onion, ginger, and lemongrass in small bowl.
- Gently loosen the skin from the breast and leg portions of the chicken, stuff the onion mixture evenly under the skin.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Tuck wings back and tie legs together with kitchen twine.
- Place chicken, breast side up, in roasting pan.
- Roast until inner thigh registers 180*F, about 1 hr and 15 minute.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minute.
- Remove and discard skin.
- To make the glaze, combine coconut milk, lime juice, broth, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, and sesame oil in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirrin, over med-high heat until reduced by half, about 10 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Carve chicken, spoon glaze over top.
- 6 POints for 1/6 of chicken with 1 generous tbsp of glaze.