Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From WW Take Out Tonight
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, cut vertically into thin strips
- 6 teaspoons honey mustard
- 6 slices rye bread
- 6 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Swirl in the oil, then add the onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until onion is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Divide and spread the mustard on 3 sliced of bread.
- Layer the beef and onions over the top.
- Cover each with the other slice of bread.
- 6 points per sandwich.
Wonderful sandwiches! I added the roast beef to the skillet toward the end so that the beef would be hot too. Yummy! Even the non-dieters asked to have these again. Thanks for posting this keeper!
Looking for something quick and easy but still flavorful, this appealed to me instantly. In making mine, I used WW light rye and was able to both add an extra ounce of roast beef and reduce the points value to 5 points (verified using the WW recipe builder). At first I thought Dijon might be a better mustard choice but honey mustard proved to be a great foil for the onions. Paired with a 1 point cole slaw and some pickles and it was like a trip to a gourmet deli. Thanks mariposa. Made for the Game Room *Spring Spectacular*.