Recipe by mariposa13
From WW Slim Ways Mexican. This is 6 points for chicken thighs and 5 points if you use chicken breasts.
Top Review by teresas
This definitely has some different flavors in it. I'm not a big fan of green olives (which I had read as green onions) stupid me. Anyway DH loves them so I just picked them out of my serving. Did have some problems with the ingredient list and the directions. Have z-mailed mariposa13. I did make it using chicken breast. Served it with steamed broccoli and recipe #38360. Thanks for posting.
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 453.59 g skinless chicken breasts or 453.59 g chicken thighs
- 4.92 ml corn oil
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced onion
- 14.17 g sliced blanched almond
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 354.88 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 10 small green olives, sliced
- 1.23 ml dried thyme leaves
- 59.14 ml tbsps cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 59.14 ml tequila
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, combine raisins and sherry; cook over low heat just until comes to a simmer. Remove from heat, let stand 10 minute.
- On paper plate or wax paper, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat skinned side of each chicken breast with flour mixture. Set chicken aside.
- In medium non-stick skillet, heat oil; add chicken flour-side down. Cook over med-high heat 5 min until golden brown. Turn chicken over, cook 3 min longer. Remove chicken from skillet, set aside.
- In same skillet, cook onions over med heat, stirring frequently, 8-10 min until lightly browned. Add almonds and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, 3 min until almonds are golden brown.
- Add broth, olives, thyme, and reserved raisin mixture, increase heat to high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced in volume by about a third, about 10-15 minute.
- In small bowl, with wire whisk, combine vinegar, tequila, cornstarch and sugar. Add broth to mixture. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Add reserved chicken; simmer, basting chicken frequently with sauce, 5-10 min, until chicken is cooked through.
- Chicken thighs = 6 points per serving (1 thigh + 1/2 cup sauce).
- Chicken breasts = 5 points per serving (1 breast + 1/2 cup sauce).