1/1 Photo of Ww 6 Points - Pollo Borracho (Drunken Chicken)
From WW Slim Ways Mexican. This is 6 points for chicken thighs and 5 points if you use chicken breasts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 16 ounces skinless chicken breasts or 16 ounces chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon corn oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 ounce sliced blanched almond
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 10 small green olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup tbsps cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1In small saucepan, combine raisins and sherry; cook over low heat just until comes to a simmer. Remove from heat, let stand 10 minute.
- 2On paper plate or wax paper, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat skinned side of each chicken breast with flour mixture. Set chicken aside.
- 3In medium non-stick skillet, heat oil; add chicken flour-side down. Cook over med-high heat 5 min until golden brown. Turn chicken over, cook 3 min longer. Remove chicken from skillet, set aside.
- 4In same skillet, cook onions over med heat, stirring frequently, 8-10 min until lightly browned. Add almonds and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, 3 min until almonds are golden brown.
- 5Add broth, olives, thyme, and reserved raisin mixture, increase heat to high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced in volume by about a third, about 10-15 minute.
- 6In small bowl, with wire whisk, combine vinegar, tequila, cornstarch and sugar. Add broth to mixture. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Add reserved chicken; simmer, basting chicken frequently with sauce, 5-10 min, until chicken is cooked through.
- 7Chicken thighs = 6 points per serving (1 thigh + 1/2 cup sauce).
- 8Chicken breasts = 5 points per serving (1 breast + 1/2 cup sauce).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww 6 Points - Pollo Borracho (Drunken Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 256.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: