Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From WW site.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- hot chili sauce (optional)
- Add chicken to crock pot along with soy sauce, honey, garlic cloves and hot sauce.
- Set crock pot to low and cover.
- Stir once 2 hours into cooking and then cook addition 2 hours.
- Remove garlic cloves.
This was really good except for one problem. I used the flash frozen chicken breasts (the ones in a bag) because that's all I had on hand. They tend to have quite a bit of water in them and it thinned out the sauce a lot, so I lost flavour. I will definitely make these again, but not with the cheap chicken breasts! We had it with rice and veggies and this would work for thighs as well.
Not a review but a question, did anyone make the recipe using chili sauce if so how much and how did it affect the recipe
I made this as per 4 though I only had 3 chicken breasts (which weighed about 200 grams each) and cooked them whole in the crock pot (slow cooker), at the 3 1/2 hour mark they were not quite cooked but unfortunately at the 4 hour mark they became a little overcooked and a bit dry but wh=ere still very flavoursome and very much enjoyed. I poured over some of the juices as a sauce. Thank you Parrot Head Mama. made for Help A Naked Recipe, special game in the Photo Forum September 2012.