From WW Favorite Recipes cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken parts, skinned
- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1/3 cup apple juice (no sugar added)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1To toast sesame seeds, bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
- 2Spray a 5 quart saucepan or dutch oven with nonstick spray.
- 3Set over medium heat.
- 4Add chicken parts and cook, turning when necessary, until chicken is browned on all sides, 4-6 minutes.
- 5Transfer chicken to a platter and set aside.
- 6In 2-cup measure or small mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup water with the juice, soy sauce, scallion, ketchup, sugar, garlic, and red pepper. Mix well.
- 7Pour into pot and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly to scrape up any browned particles from bottom of pan.
- 8Reduce heat to low and return chicken to pot.
- 9Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- 10Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm, reserving liquid in pot.
- 11Dissolve cornstarch in remaining tablespoon water and add liquid to pot.
- 12Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- 13Pour sauce evenly over chicken and sprinle with toasted sesame seeds.
- 146 Points per serving (serves 4).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww 6 Points - Chinese Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.2
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 264.3 mg
- Sodium 590.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 82.9 g