Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From WW Favorite Recipes cookbook
Make and share this Ww 6 Points - Chinese Sesame Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs chicken parts, skinned
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice (no sugar added)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- To toast sesame seeds, bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
- Spray a 5 quart saucepan or dutch oven with nonstick spray.
- Set over medium heat.
- Add chicken parts and cook, turning when necessary, until chicken is browned on all sides, 4-6 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and set aside.
- In 2-cup measure or small mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup water with the juice, soy sauce, scallion, ketchup, sugar, garlic, and red pepper. Mix well.
- Pour into pot and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly to scrape up any browned particles from bottom of pan.
- Reduce heat to low and return chicken to pot.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm, reserving liquid in pot.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining tablespoon water and add liquid to pot.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Pour sauce evenly over chicken and sprinle with toasted sesame seeds.
- 6 Points per serving (serves 4).
This was very good! Even my husband loved it and asked to take the leftovers to work. Very tasty for only 6 points! I also used just boneless skinless chicken breasts and I doubled the sauce recipe.
VERY very good. I modified a bit. I toasted the sesame seeds in a dry pan, subbed boneless/skinless breasts for the "chicken parts", added a bag of stir fry veggies at the end and tripled the sauce ingredients. All in all I think it cut the cooking time about in half. Very good flavor, even better left over. LOVED it and will make it again.
This is definitely another winner, marisposa13! I made it for PAC 2006, and I think I made a great choice (both in picking you and in choosing this recipe!). I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but other than that I followed the recipe to a T. This is a delicious WW recipe which my entire family enjoyed. Thanks so much for posting!