From a low-fat recipe website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounces thinly sliced smoked ham, divided into 4 portions
- 2 ounces thinly sliced low-fat swiss cheese, divided into 4 portions
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 400*F.
- 2Coat a baking rack with cooking spray, then place the rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- 3Butterfly each piece of chicken by slicing into the breast horizontally so you can open it like a book.
- 4Lay one quarter of the ham and cheese on one side of each breast, leaving 1/2 inch at edge uncovered, then close each piece.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine egg whites, buttermilk and mustard and blend until creamy.
- 6In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- 7Gently dip each piece of chicken in the crumb mixture, then into the egg white mixture, then again in the crumb mixture.
- 8Set on baking rack.
- 9Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned, and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 10Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww 6 Points - Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 962.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 42.0 g