Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From WW Simply Delicious
Make and share this Ww 6 Points - Braised Chicken With Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package yolk-free wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all fat and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch spinach, cleaned and coarsley chopped
- 1⁄4 cup half & half light cream
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in large nonstick skillet.
- Add the chicken.
- Sprinkle with the thyme, salt and pepper; saute until browned, about 6 minute.
- Stir in mushrooms, onion, and water.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender, about 8 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, wine, and garlic; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, 10 min to blend the flavors.
- Stir in the noodles, spinach, half-and-half, and cheese.
- Simmer, uncovered, until spinach just begins to wilt.