Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
With pasta or rice or on its own, this dish is quick and delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 20 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned tomato, diced, drained
- 8 ounces dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (no salt added)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (do not add if tomato paste has salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 30 seconds. Add oil and heat 30 seconds more. Add the shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes, until just pink.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook stirring frequently, 8 minutes, until the sauce is thickened. Serve immediately.
Another amazing meal, Nif!I never get tired of shrimp, and it's hubby's favorite so we were pleased as punch over this meal!I cut back the red pepper flakes just a bit, but made as is the rest of the way.I served this with a cold spinach salad with red onion and crisp bacon crumbled up. It was a fantastic meal!Thank you for another keeper, Nif! Made For Go For The Green event at KK's site!
Light and delicious, DH especially enjoyed it! I added a some pesto, decreased the red pepper flakes and ended up adding most of the juice from the tomatoes. I'll be making this again. Thanks Nif! Made for ZWT 7 for the Food.commandos
Delicious! I used some Lamyong Vegan Shrimp but and used vegetable stock instead of white wine. Loved the zing of the red pepper flakes! This would be amazing with a simple green salad. Made for ZWT 7 (The Hot Pink Ladies)