Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From WW Cook It Quick
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tomatoes, cored and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 (4 ounce) filet mignon, trimmed and flattened 1/3-inch thick
- TO make salsa, trim ends of zucchini, then cut a 1/4-inch slice down its length.
- Rotate so the zucchini is resting on cut side and cut another 1/4-inch slice; repeat on remaining 2 sides.
- Dice the skin portions of the zuccini; reserve the inside for other use.
- Place in a medium bowl, add tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.
- To make the steaks, heat cast-iron skillet or ridged grill pan over med-high heat.
- In small bowl, combine chili powder and sugar with remaining salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the filets on both sides with spices.
- Cook filets until done according to taste.
- Let stand 5 min, stop with salsa and serve.