Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From WW Online. Cool the apples to room temperature and store them covered for up to 4 hours or refrigerate for up to 2 days. Reheat the apples in a microwave on high for about 25 seconds.
- 4 medium apples (such as Rome, Cortland, or McIntosh)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 10 pitted prunes, finely chopped (5 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons walnut pieces, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 375°F
- Use a melon baller to core the apples: Start at the top by the stem and scoop down into the flesh, pulling up the core and hollowing out the apple without breaking through the sides or the bottom.
- Leave at least 1/2 inch apple flesh at the bottom.
- Rub the lemon juice over the exposed apple flesh.
- Mix the prunes, walnuts, honey, and cinnamon in a small bowl; stuff a quarter of the mixture into each apple.
- Set apples in a 9-inch baking dish or other small roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and orange juice, and pour over the apples.
- Bake until soft, basting often with the pan juices, about 1 hour.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- 5 Points per serving.
Yummy! I halved the recipe, using Golden Delicious apples. The apples kind of burst open, but were perfectly delicious! Thank you mariposa!