Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From WW Cook It Quick
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 (1/4 lb) skinless chicken breast half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- Mix flour, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper on sheet of wax paper or a plate.
- Dredge the chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet, then add chicken.
- Cook until golden brown, about 4 min on each side.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add onions and garlic to the skillet and saute until softened.
- Add mushrooms and saute.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring, until liquid evaporates.
- Stir in tomatoes and remaining 1/4 tsp salt, then return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer uintil chicken is cooked through, about 8 minute.