1/5 Photos of Ww 5 Points Pork, Pineapple, and Chile Tacos
From WW Magazine. Use fresh pineapple if you can for the best texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lb pork tenderloin or 1/2 lb well trimmed pork loin, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded, deveined, and sliced into 1/4-inch (wear gloves to prevent irritation)
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained if canned (1/2-inch pieces)
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1To prepare the marinade, combine the lime juice, chili powder, garlic, and cumin in a zip-close plastic bag; add the pork. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the pork. Let stand 10 minutes or refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, up to 2 hours. Drain, reserving the marinade.
- 2Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and saute 3 minutes; transfer with a slotted spoon to a heatproof plate.
- 3Return the skillet to the heat and add the chilies, onion, and salt. Cook, stirring, until nearly tender, about 8 minutes. Add the pork and its juices, pineapple, and reserved marinade. Cook, stirring until the pineapple is softened and the pork is cooked through, about 5 minute.
- 4Meanwhile, heat the tortillas according to package directions.
- 5To serve, spoon a generous 1/3 cup of the filling into each tortilla and roll up to close.
- 65 Points per serving (2 tortillas).
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww 5 Points Pork, Pineapple, and Chile Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 204.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 15.4 g