Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, four 4 oz pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces del monte mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper; add chicken to skillet and cook until golden, flipping once, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain oranges and reserve 1/4 cup liquid.
- Add oranges with reserved liquid to skillet and simmer 2 minutes.
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl; add mixture to pan and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes more.
- 5 Points per serving. Yields 1 piece of chicken and about 1/4 cup of sauce per serving.
This recipe was kind of bland and light on orange flavor. It was fine if you're not looking for the sweet/spicy combo that Chinese orange chicken usually has.