Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
From ww online
Make and share this Ww 5 Points - Mexican Beef and Cheese Wontons With Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground sirloin
- 2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup) or 2 ounces colby cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef and cook until meat is browned, breaking up meat as it cooks, about 5 minutes.
- Drain meat.
- Add cheese, chilies, chili powder and cumin and cook until cheese melts, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
- Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Drop meat mixture by teaspoonfuls onto center of each wrapper.
- Moisten edges of wrapper with wet fingers, fold over to cover filling, press down firmly to seal and then gently twist ends to form a “firecracker” shape.
- Transfer filled wrappers to prepared baking sheet and coat surface with cooking spray.
- Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with prepared salsa.
- 5 Points Yields 5 wontons and 2 tablespoons of salsa per serving.
I liked the idea of this recipe more than the actual taste. I found the filling to be a tad bland and would have really liked more flavor in it. I will however make baked wontons again, just not with this filling.
These were OK, the wontons were kind of hard and dry. I used lean ground sirloin and a low fat mexican cheese blend. I did add more cheese than called for and it still seemed like the meat mixture was missing something.
Sooo good! I hadn't tried baked wontons before-this worked so well, although I did brush the cooking spray around to make sure it coated everything. The recipe looks really spicy, but it's just perfect. I used ground venison, so draining wasn't necessary, and regular longhorn colby cheese. I loved this! Thanks so much!