Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
WW recipe. Needs to freeze for 2 hrs before serving
- 2 1⁄3 ounces miniature pretzel twists (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, slightly thawed
- 4 cups light vanilla ice cream
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila, about 3 tbsp
- 1⁄2 fluid ounce orange-flavored liqueur, about 1 tsp
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor or blender, crush pretzel twists until crumbs form.
- Add sugar; pulse until combined.
- Add margarine and mix well.
- With machine running, add 2 tablespoons of the limeade concentrate, processing until well mixed.
- Place mixture in an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
- With back of spoon, press mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of pan to form pie shell.
- Bake at 375°F until set, about 5 minutes. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a clean food processor or electric mixer, combine ice cream, remaining limeade concentrate, tequila and liqueur; process or mix until just blended. Spoon into cooled pie shell and sprinkle with lime zest. Freeze for 2 hours before cutting into 8 slices.
I did made some changes to this recipe, I used butter in place of calorie-reduced margarine and used regular vanilla ice cream, I omitted the tequila as I did not have any, I used the frozen limeade concentrate and the orange-flavor liqueur, thanks for a refreshing easy recipe mariposa!...Kitten:)
Easy directions! I appreciate knowing the weight of the pretzels (how many little bags to open) for the crust. My niece who loves pretzel crusts loved it!
Originally, I planned to make this with lime sorbet (due to my new dairy allergy), but there wasn't any at the store, so I made Strawberry Margarita Sorbet recipe #78610 (with half the alcohol, thus matching this recipe's 3 Tbs tequila) instead. Yum!
OH. MY. GOODNESS. It is 90-plus degrees outside here, and when friends had a cookout the other night this pie was absolutely the hit of the party. When everyone took their first bite there was a collective aaaaaahhh--cool, refreshing, tart, and so very tasty! I used Smart Balance, reduced-fat ice cream, and rum because I realized at the last second I was out of tequila! Friends informed me that made mine a dacquiri pie--well, whatever it was it was DIVINE, not to mention guilt-free. I also stirred in a few green sugar sprinkles b/c I was bothered that the pie wasn't green LOL! Worked like a charm :). Thanks so much for posting!