Recipe by mariposa13
WW recipe. Needs to freeze for 2 hrs before serving
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I did made some changes to this recipe, I used butter in place of calorie-reduced margarine and used regular vanilla ice cream, I omitted the tequila as I did not have any, I used the frozen limeade concentrate and the orange-flavor liqueur, thanks for a refreshing easy recipe mariposa!...Kitten:)
- 2 1⁄3 ounces miniature pretzel twists (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, slightly thawed
- 4 cups light vanilla ice cream
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila, about 3 tbsp
- 1⁄2 fluid ounce orange-flavored liqueur, about 1 tsp
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor or blender, crush pretzel twists until crumbs form.
- Add sugar; pulse until combined.
- Add margarine and mix well.
- With machine running, add 2 tablespoons of the limeade concentrate, processing until well mixed.
- Place mixture in an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
- With back of spoon, press mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of pan to form pie shell.
- Bake at 375°F until set, about 5 minutes. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a clean food processor or electric mixer, combine ice cream, remaining limeade concentrate, tequila and liqueur; process or mix until just blended. Spoon into cooled pie shell and sprinkle with lime zest. Freeze for 2 hours before cutting into 8 slices.