Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From WW Cook It Quick
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 lb skinless chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In shallow dish, mix wheat germ and spices.
- In another shallow dish, whisk egg whites with 2 tbsp water.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then into the wheat germ mixture.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked, about 10 minute.
On my computer, this recipe calls for 12 tsp of salt and 14 tsp of cayenne pepper. This cannot be right. Might want to edit
My goodness...these are better than I imagined anything with wheat germ could ever be! LOL Delicious, crunchy, just the right amount of spice. I have a 12-year old daughter who is a bottomless pit when it's something she likes. She was asking the other family members if they were going to finish their chicken and if she could have it. :) Definitely a keeper! Thanks for posting.