Parrot Head Mama's Note:
From WW site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs lean flank steak (2-1 1/2 pound steaks, trimmed)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large sweet red peppers, seeded, cored and chopped
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and shredded
- 3 medium celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Whisk the broth, vinegar, cumin, paprika, salt, black and cayenne peppers in a 5 or 6 quart crock pot.
- 2Submerge the meat, then add the onions, red peppers, apples, celery and garlic (making sure the vegetables are under the broth, between and over the steaks).
- 3Cover and cook on low until the meat is fork-tender, about 8 hours.
- 4Transfer the meat to a cutting board and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 5Shred the meat with two forks, pulling it into strands along the grain.
- 6Return to slow cooker, stir in cilantro.
- 7Set the slow cooker on warm and serve within 4 hours.
- 8Points figured for 1 1/4 cups per serving.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww 5 Points Crock Pot Ropa Viejo
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 214.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean flank steak