Ww 5 Points Crock Pot Ropa Viejo
- Whisk the broth, vinegar, cumin, paprika, salt, black and cayenne peppers in a 5 or 6 quart crock pot.
- Submerge the meat, then add the onions, red peppers, apples, celery and garlic (making sure the vegetables are under the broth, between and over the steaks).
- Cover and cook on low until the meat is fork-tender, about 8 hours.
- Transfer the meat to a cutting board and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Shred the meat with two forks, pulling it into strands along the grain.
- Return to slow cooker, stir in cilantro.
- Set the slow cooker on warm and serve within 4 hours.
- Points figured for 1 1/4 cups per serving.