Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- nonstick cooking spray (5 sprays, 1 second each per serving)
- 2 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup light beer
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (with tails on)
- Preheat oven to 445 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In medium bowl, beat egg white, 1/2 cup flour, beer, baking soda, and salt.
- Place the 1/4 cup of flour in a shallow dish and the shredded coconut on another shallow dish.
- Grab a shrimp by the tail and coat well with the flour.
- Next, dip the shrimp into the egg white mixture and then roll in coconut.
- Press the coconut into the shrimp.
- Repeat with each shrimp.
- Place the shrimp on the baking sheet and bake until the coconut is toasted and the shrimp is done, about 10-12 minutes.
- 5 Points per serving (serves 6).
Great recipe! I, too, cannot believe it is a weight watchers recipe. They were delicious! Thanks for posting- I will certainly make these again!
I can't believe there is a recipe for coconut shrimp this awesome that is WW friendly! I think this is one of the best WW recipes I have found yet! I used Coors Light and precooked shrimp (did not want to devein) that I thawed mostly in running cold water...I left them a little cold so they wouldn't overcook in the oven. Mine was about 1 point apiece because it made about 34 shrimp, and I only used about half of the batter! So, even better! I served them with a marmalade sauce I made from scratch. Thanks for this awesome recipe!
I made this as a special treat for me and DH on Valentine's Day, seeing as we are both watching our weight. Very yummy, very easy, and BAKED, not fried. I made an orange marmalade dipping sauce to go with them. OMG, good!