Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From WW Take Out Tonight
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a nonstick dutch oven over med-low heat, then stir in the mushrooms and carrots.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are softened, about 5 minute.
- Add the broth, water, barley, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the barley is tender, about 15 minute.
- Stir in the chicken, parsley, and parmesan. Simmer just until heated through, about 2 minute.
- 5 Points for 2 cups.