From a low-fat recipe website.
Make and share this Ww 5 Points - Chicken Chile Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 fresh green anaheim chilies (California or New Mexico, or 1 green bell pepper)
- 4-5 fresh jalapeno chilies
- 603.27 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml salad oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml cumin seed
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 44.37 ml lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 dozen warm corn tortillas (6- or 7-in.) or 1 dozen low-fat flour tortillas (6- or 7-in.)
- lime wedge
- nonfat sour cream, and salsa if desired
- Stem and seed bell peppers and Anaheim and jalapeno chilies.
- Cut bell pepper and chilies into thin slivers about 3 inches long.
- Cut chicken crosswise into thin slices about 3 inches long.
- Set a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. When hot, add chicken, and stir-fry until chicken is opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Return pan to high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon salad oil, sliced onion, garlic, and cumin; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the bell pepper and chilies.
- Stir-fry until they begin to wilt, about 2 minutes. Return cooked chicken to the pan. Add chopped cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a bowl.
- To assemble each taco, fill a tortilla with chicken mixture. Squeeze a lime wedge over the filling. Add salsa and nonfat sour cream to the taco to taste.
I made this with left over chicken and I must say for only being 5 points this is really good! I added one more Anaheim and jalapeno and also sprinkled it with crushed red pepper because we were in the mood for a spicy lunch! I also used a combination of red, green and yellow bell peppers (great color!)I served them on flour tortillas with sour cream and avocado slices Thank you for a wonderful meal!