1/3 Photos of Ww 5 Points - Chicken Chile Tacos
From a low-fat recipe website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 fresh green anaheim chilies (California or New Mexico, or 1 green bell pepper)
- 4 -5 fresh jalapeno chilies
- 1 1/3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 dozen warm corn tortillas (6- or 7-in.) or 1 dozen low-fat flour tortillas (6- or 7-in.)
- lime wedge
- nonfat sour cream, and salsa if desired
- 1Stem and seed bell peppers and Anaheim and jalapeno chilies.
- 2Cut bell pepper and chilies into thin slivers about 3 inches long.
- 3Cut chicken crosswise into thin slices about 3 inches long.
- 4Set a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. When hot, add chicken, and stir-fry until chicken is opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken from pan.
- 6Return pan to high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon salad oil, sliced onion, garlic, and cumin; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the bell pepper and chilies.
- 7Stir-fry until they begin to wilt, about 2 minutes. Return cooked chicken to the pan. Add chopped cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a bowl.
- 8To assemble each taco, fill a tortilla with chicken mixture. Squeeze a lime wedge over the filling. Add salsa and nonfat sour cream to the taco to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww 5 Points - Chicken Chile Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 92.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 27.3 g