Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From WW Great Cooking Everday
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 (1/4 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup sliced peeled peach (1 large or 2 small peaches)
- 1⁄4 cup dry red Zinfandel wine
- Combine the cider, vinegar, shallot, and garlic in a zip-close plastic bag.
- Add the chicken, squeeze air out and seal the bag, turn to coat the chicken.
- Refridgerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 30 minute.
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Spray rack of roasting pan with nonstick spray and place in pan.
- Shake the excess marinade from the chicken and arrange on the rack.
- Bake until cooked through, 30-35 minute.
- Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tbsp of the broth in small bowl.
- Combine remaining broth, the peaches, and wine in small saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Simmer, stirring, until heated through and slightly thickened, about 2 minute.
- When chicken is cooked, sliced each breast across the grain.
- Spoon warm sauce over and serve.
This dish was too plain for me. Oh well!