Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From WW site.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) packagebone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Place chicken in 3-4 quart crock pot. Add remaining ingredients except rice and parsley.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- During last 15 minutes, stir in rice.
- Remove chicken from crock pot.
- Place rice on each serving plate. Top with chicken. Spoon remaining juices over top and garnish with parsley.
This just didn't have as much flavor as I thought it would. It also was a little greasy so maybe I will try again but tweak it. Thanks.
DH & I both liked this! Pros: Easy, appealing, made my husband happy, and a different kind of flavor for a Crock Pot recipe. (I'm cooking pretty much all slow cooker meals right now because my two-year-old and three-month-old both get craziest in the evenings!) Cons: The flavor didn't WOW me. I think, like one of the other reviewers, I will amp up the garlic and lime next time for a bit more kick.
This turned out to be a tasty dish that was incredibly tender. I cooked it for about 6 hours on low and used 1.5 lbs of chicken breasts. Midway through added in a package of carrots. Next time I'll add in some more garlic and lime for a bit more of a zing, but was great as is.