Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From WW Great Cooking Everyday
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine cranberries with wine in glass bowl, let stand 20 minute.
- Drain cranberries, reserving the liquid.
- Combine 1 cup of the broth, cider, 1/4 tsp salt, and wild rice in ovenproof saucepan.
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Cover tightly and bake until rice is tendr, about 45 minute.
- Remove pan from oven, let stand, covered, 5 minute.
- Meanwhile, heat cranberry liquid in another ovenproof saucepan, then add onion.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minute.
- Add the remaining broth, remaining salt, and brown rice, bring liquid to a boil.
- Cover tightly and bake until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 40 minute.
- Gently toss both rices with the cranberries in large bowl.