Recipe by mariposa13
From WW Healthy Lifestyle cookbook.
Top Review by Heartspell
This was awesome!! Sorry, I did have to substitute vanilla extract and Splenda brown sugar, but it turned out fantastic! DH loved it! He said it was better than his mom's and to never make it again. Haha! Thanks so much, this is definitely a keeper!!
- 4 ounces peeled plantains
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut plantain in half crosswise, then slice each half lengthwise into thin slices.
- Spray 10-inch flameproof pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Arrange plantain in a single layer in pan.
- Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup water and the remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour evenly over plantain slices.
- Cover and bake until plantain slices are fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil. Remove cover and broil until plantain is slightly browned, 1-2 minutes.
- 4 points per serving (serves 2).