48 hrs 25 mins
From WW Slim Ways Mexican Cookbook. You'll need to start making this 2 days before serving. It is customarily baked in banana leaves, which lend a distinctive flavor, but foil works fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons achiote seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 15 ounces chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1To prepare the achiote paste, in spice mill or mini-jar blender, combine achiote and coriander seeds, salt, peppercorns, cinnamon, oregano, cumin seeds and cloves; process to a coarse powder.
- 2Transfer spice mixture to small bowl. Add vinegar, garlic and flour; stir to combine. Let mixture stand overnight.
- 3To prepare chicken, in gallon-size sealable plastic bag, combine prepared achiote paste, lime juice, grapefruit juice, orange juice and zest; add chicken. Seal bag, squeezing out air, turn to coat chicken. Refridgerate overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- 4To prepare vegetables, in medium non-stick skillet, heat oil; add onions. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 10-12 minute until onion is golden brown. Stir in peppers, remove from heat.
- 5Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with foil. Cut four 12 inch squares of heavy duty foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray (omit this if using banana leaves).
- 6Drain chicken, discard marinade. On each prepared foil square (or banana leaf) place one quarter of the chicken, one quarter of the onion-pepper mixture, and one tomato slice. Fold sides over filling, crimping to seal. Place packets on prepared baking sheet; bake 20 min until chicken is cooked through. Let stand 10 min; open packets carefully.
- 74 points per serving (1 packet).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww 4 Points - Pollo Pibil
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 652.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili peppers