Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From WW Online
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup canned sweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free caramel topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly coat an 8-inch square cake pan with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or small saucepan set over a larger saucepan of simmering water.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together margarine and both sugars until blended and smooth.
- Add egg substitute and applesauce and mix well.
- Gradually add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix well. Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and drizzle caramel topping over top.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 10 more minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack before cutting into 12 squares.
- 4 Points per brownie.