Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From WW Take Out Tonight
Make and share this Ww 4 Points - Kung Pao Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sake or 1⁄4 cup rice wine
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (dark)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- Combine the broth, sake or rice wine, soy sauce, honey,chili-garlic sauce, cornstarch, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat nonstick large skillet on med-high heat until drop of water sizzles.
- Add oil and shrimp.
- Stir-fry until shrimp are opaque, then transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add the scallions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli florets and bamboo shoots, stir-fry until crisp-tender.
- Add the broth mixture and shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- 4 Points for 1-1/4 cups.
This was so good! I made a couple substitutions based on what I had on hand: ginger/pepper jelly instead of honey; cocktail sauce instead of chili-garlic sauce; sliced mushrooms instead of bamboo shoots. My DH loved it, too. It made the whole house smell wonderful as well! I served it over rice, which added about 2 points to the total.
This was a good and easy to make recipe.