Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Ww 4 Points - Grilled Portobello Burger With Basil Mayo recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, caps (about 4 mushrooms)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray, enough to coat mushroom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium mixed-grain hamburger buns
- 4 pieces jarred roasted red peppers, drained (water-packed)
- 4 slices red onions
- 4 pieces lettuce
- Heat grill.
- In a small bowl, combine basil, mayonnaise and vinegar; set aside.
- Lightly coat both sides of mushroom caps with cooking spray; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill mushrooms over medium-hot coals, about 6 minutes each side or until just soft to the touch.
- To serve, split rolls and toast on grill. Spread a heaping teaspoon of basil mixture on top and bottom halves of rolls. Layer each bottom half with one red pepper, mushroom, onion slice and lettuce leaf; top with remaining half of roll and serve.
- Serves | 4.
- POINTS per serving | 4.
Yummy! A great alternative to a hamburger! I was on my own for dinner tonight so thought I would give it a try. I roasted my own red bell pepper and added a pasilla pepper and sweet onion to the roasted veggie mix to give it a little heat and sweetness and it was perfect!
I think that I can even get my husband to go for this one.
Thank you for a great recipe!
This is BY FAR the tastiest, and my most favorite, WW recipe I've made so far! SO SO SO tasty. Since mushrooms are 0 points, I may double stack mine next time. The basil mayo is to DIE for...so tasty. Thank you so much for posting!
This was so good! I used pumpernickle rye bread and grilled it too. Loved it. I scaled this down for 1 person. Thanks mariposa!