Recipe by mariposa13
From WW Take Out
Top Review by kristing
I LOVE this recipe! I lent out my cookbook, so thankfully this is here. It is really worth all the prep. I get everything all ready first, even the sauces, and put them in dishes, so I can just go through the recipe like a TV chef. I am also thinking of using the basic sauce as a marinade for grilled chicken. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 5 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (dark)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, 2 tbsp of the sherry, 1 tbsp of the cornstarch, and the oyster sauce in a med bowl.
- Set aside and let marinade 5 minute.
- Combine the remaining 3 tbsp sherry, water, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and the remaining 2 tsp cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over med high heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- Add canola oil and chicken mixture.
- Stir-fry until lightly browned. Add the ginger, garlic, scallions, and red pepper. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the celery and bell pepper, stir-fry until crisp-tender,.
- Stir in the sherry mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, 1-2 minute.
- 4 Points for 1 cup.