Recipe by mariposa13
Top Review by Taonanese Mushroom
Excellent recipe!In fact adding some cheese to it may even help it taste much better!When i tried your recipe with cheese,and gave it to my relatives,they were amazed at how good it was! You did a great job in finding this recipe!
- 4 large potatoes, baking-variety, cooked and quartered (es)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 slices cooked Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, fat free
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 medium scallions, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Scoop out flesh of potatoes, leaving about an 1/8th of potato flesh in potato. (Note: Reserve remaining potato flesh for another use such as mashed potatoes.).
- In a small bowl, combine oil, chili powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the inside of the potato wedges with the oil mixture. Place potato wedges in a single layer on a large nonstick baking sheet; sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts and potatoes are heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and scallions; serve with sour cream on the side.
- Yields 2 potato skins and about 1 1/2 tablespoons of sour cream per serving.