Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From ww online. For an extra flavor boost, consider adding a dash of curry powder with the flour and ginger.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake for 45 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- When cool, remove and discard skin; chop potatoes.
- Combine sweet potatoes and 3/4 cup of broth in a blender or food processor; blend or process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Set potato mixture aside.
- Melt margarine in a medium-size saucepan; stir in flour and ginger, and then add milk.
- Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Cook 1 minute more and then stir in sweet potato mixture and remaining 3/4 cup of broth.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes more.
- Pour into 4 serving bowls and sprinkle each with 3/4 teaspoon of pecans.
- 4 Points yields about 1 cup per serving.
Delicious! I made the recipe as posted without adding any extra seasoning. Very easy to make and nice smooth texture. Topped it off with sweet almond slices.
This was wonderful! My picky dh ate a whole bowl!
Super Yummy! Great texture too! I added a dash of allspice to give it an extra 'autumn' taste!