Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From WW healthy-style living cookbook
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb shelled and deveined shrimp (tailfeathers left on)
- 1 cup diagnolly thinly sliced scallion (green onions)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- In 9-inch nonstick skillet heat oil.
- Add shrimp and scallions and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until shrimp just turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except cilantro and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until flavors blend, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- 4 Points per serving (serves 2).
I ended doing this with some boneless skinless chicken breasts. We very much enjoyed it. We thought it needed a touch more cinnamon. It was subtle. We especially enjoyed the flavor it gave the tomatoes. So, thank you very much for posting this.
I love shrimp and am thrilled to have this very healthy recipe to add to my repertoire. I was wondering about the cinnamon, but it works very nicely with the other flavors in a subtle way.