Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From WW Simply Delicious
- 8 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 1⁄4 lbs chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Line bottom of large baking pan with foil.
- Combine scallions, bbq sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, sugar, ginger, chili paste, and garlic in large bowl.
- Add chicken legs and toss until well coated.
- Place chicken in baking pan.
- Spoon remaining sauce over chicken.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake 20 minute.
- Remove foil, continue baking until chicken is browned and cooked through and sauce is thickened, about 20 more minute.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
So tasty and easy. It took about 50 minutes for the chicken to finish, but the sauce was still really thin, almost like water. Next time I'd probably remove the chicken and give the sauce more time to thicken, or just use a cornstarch/water mixture to help with that. I forgot the sesame seeds too but I'll just have to remember to add that next time :) Everyone enjoyed it and loved the sauce. Thanks!
This is so :yummy:!! Used chicken breasts instead of drumsticks... and had to change par of the barbecue sauce for... ketchup as I didn't have enough!! This was sooo good!!! Thanks mariposa!! :)
OMG..these babies are to die for! I have a 12-year old daughter who is soooo picky. I thought I was feeding a 200-lb man! She had 3 for supper and then wanted to snack on the leftovers later! THAT never happens! Thanks for posting a super tasty, low point recipe! :)