Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sounds yummy!
- 4 ounces angel food cake (even in thickness 1 OZ per serving)
- 2 tablespoons peach jam
- 2 cups light vanilla ice cream (1/2 scoop per serving)
- 2 extra large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- on cookie sheet, arrange cake slices in a single layer, leaving some space between each slice with 1 1/2 teaspoons jam. top each cake slice with a scoop of ice cream; freeze at least 5 minutes.
- meanwhile, prepare meringue. in clean, grease-free bowl, using electric mixer at medium speed, beat egg whites just until stiff peaks form. continue to beat, gradually add sugar; beat until glossy.
- remove cookie sheet from freezer. immediately spread meringue over ice cream, working quickly to cover entire scoop and being sure meringue touches edges of cake slices on all sides to seal. bake until meringue is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. serve immediately.